The Experts recommend at least 30 minutes of exercise, 5 days a week. As a busy Mom of 5 plus my 2 nephews FT, I know that its difficult to make a concerted effort to actually fit it in to an already busy schedule. But honestly, its only a minimum of 30 minutes. The idealology is that Moderate-intensity activity causes a slightly increased rate of breathing and increased heart rate. It is most accurately described as feeling "light" to "somewhat hard".
Easy ways to add this type of activity to your daily routine:
- Park the car farther away from your destination.
- Get on or off the bus several blocks away.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Take fitness breaks instead of cigarette or coffee breaks. Walk, stretch or do some office exercises.
- Perform gardening, yard work, heavy house cleaning, or home-repair activities.
- Avoid labor-saving devices; turn off the self-propel option on your lawn mower or vacuum cleaner, and hide all of your TV remotes.
- Exercise while watching TV. For example, use hand weights, a stationary bike or treadmill, stretch, or perform body-weight exercises such as crunches, push ups and squats.
- Keep a pair of comfortable walking or running shoes in your car and office. You'll be ready for activity wherever you go!
- Walk while doing errands.
Regular exercise has been proven to lower blood pressure, improves cholesterol, and prevents Type II diabetes.
Walking is good for the body and saves Gas, which in turn saves you money.